Did you know that it’s National Cybersecurity awareness month? In this blog we are going to give you 10 things you can do to help you and your business to #BeCyberSmart!
10 Ways To #BeCyberSmart
- Maintain strong passwords and never share them
- Use multi-factor authentication where possible
- Install anti-virus on ALL of your devices and run regular scans
- Keep your software up to date
- Don’t open emails from people you don’t know – learn about phishing scams
- Use a Virtual Private Network (VPN) when on public Wi-Fi
- Shutdown your computer when you are not using it, it saves energy and reduces your attack surface
- Create regular backups of important information
- Minimise tracking by blocking third party cookies in your browser
- Don’t repeat passwords on different websites, applications or devices
How Can Edmondson’s IT Help?
Our team are dedicated to helping you get the most out of your business, whether you are in need of IT support, a new VoIP phone system or a website to take your business online. As viruses and malware are becoming more sophisticated and harmful, we know anti-virus protection is a must. Contact our team today to see how we can secure your business.